- I see a host of negative reviews here for the Pyle PCA4 - mostly people who were thrown off by the "2 x 120 Watt" part of the description. It has become common in this segment of the market to lie egregiously about power - usually by using a fictional 10% distortion rating (fictional because the unit will go into protection long before it hits such a value). One look at this tiny unit shows that it isn't going to muster 120 watts - and people who actually expect such a tiny cheap rig to really do so are fooling themselves. Truth be told it doesn't really do 20 watts either. Based on sound, I'd guess it does about 15 watts before distortion sets in. So what good is it? Mated to efficient…
- My goal was to find an affordable Amp for less than $100 and use standard 8ohm speakers since I have several spare sets of various quality as a sound system for my computer. My old Klipsche 2 speaker set with integrated Amp is louder than this. With my PC at 80% output I have to crank the volume to about 80% to get some loud music but not annoyingly loud. I think I should have gone with the Audiosource Amp-100.I like the small package. I also like the 3.5mm input jack. I went with the 2x120 in an attempt to avoid cranking the volume and experiencing the 10% THD. The marketing people at Pyle should be kicked in the nuts for false advertising.
Popular posts
-
I do not consider myself an audiophile, but I think these speakers are great..we installed them on the back of our house for music in the ba...
-
I bought these from a Gold Box promo. Could not have made a better decision. They perform well and are compact(with exception of sub woofer....
-
The KEF KHT3005 (SE) 5.1 home theater speaker system is an extremely high performance, yet room-friendly home theater system, which raises b...
-
I recently bought this to replace one that always lost the time if there was a power outage. Even new backup batteries did not help.Pros: Sm...
-
This isn't a radio or a Cd player or home theater system. All the bad reviews are by confused people. First of all, as you can see, ther...
-
Back in the 1970s, Bose came out with their world-famous 901 series speakers. They could get extremely loud and produced thunderous bass and...
-
A great solution for DTS and Dolby Digital surround sound, Belkin Blue Series Digital Optical Audio Cables use superior-grade optical fiber ...
-
KEF's CI50 is no more obtrusive than a standard 50-millimeter (2-inch) low voltage light fixture, yet powerful enough to flood a sizeabl...
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Pyle Home PCA4 Mini 2x120 Watt Stereo Power Amplifier
,
at
5/16/2012


