Sunday, July 1, 2012

Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package

,
Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package
  • I don't write reviews too often, but I was stuck between this and the Sony model priced very similar. I am extremely glad I went for this, the build quality is fantastic, it is very user friendly! My only complain is that the receiver gets VERY HOT! I am not sure why they did not put some sort of fan in the back too ventilate the air but it almost burns when you touch it (granted mine is not in a very good spot right now).When the package arrives, I was in sheer shock at just how large the box was. I saw the Sony system at Bestbuy in the box and this doubles the size. It was extremely well packaged on the inside, the sub-woofer is HUGE! The headphone jack is sadly not 3.5mm but there is an AUX…
  • Update 5/8/12:I've now moved into my new house and have this system set up and wall mounted.A few things:-Attaching these speakers using mounts is a pain. They only have a keyhole mounting option, and the mount set I bought which said it was compatible with keyhole speakers did not work. I had to buy some additional nuts and washers to get it to attach. I decided to only mount the rear speakers with the mounts, and have the front speakers hanging on wall screws. Mounting directly to the wall with screws actually works pretty well though. I attached some adhesive felt pads to the back of the speakers to eliminate any possible vibration against the wall.-The ozone smell I mentioned initially is…
 

Best Home Theater Reviews Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates