Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pyle Home PCA4 Mini 2x120 Watt Stereo Power Amplifier

,
Pyle Home PCA4 Mini 2x120 Watt Stereo Power Amplifier
  • I see a host of negative reviews here for the Pyle PCA4 - mostly people who were thrown off by the "2 x 120 Watt" part of the description. It has become common in this segment of the market to lie egregiously about power - usually by using a fictional 10% distortion rating (fictional because the unit will go into protection long before it hits such a value). One look at this tiny unit shows that it isn't going to muster 120 watts - and people who actually expect such a tiny cheap rig to really do so are fooling themselves. Truth be told it doesn't really do 20 watts either. Based on sound, I'd guess it does about 15 watts before distortion sets in. So what good is it? Mated to efficient…
  • My goal was to find an affordable Amp for less than $100 and use standard 8ohm speakers since I have several spare sets of various quality as a sound system for my computer. My old Klipsche 2 speaker set with integrated Amp is louder than this. With my PC at 80% output I have to crank the volume to about 80% to get some loud music but not annoyingly loud. I think I should have gone with the Audiosource Amp-100.I like the small package. I also like the 3.5mm input jack. I went with the 2x120 in an attempt to avoid cranking the volume and experiencing the 10% THD. The marketing people at Pyle should be kicked in the nuts for false advertising.
 

Best Home Theater Reviews Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates